I was recently catching up with my good friend - the multi-talented Subra Sudhakar - a tech industry veteran, CEO of the startup School Cues and an accomplished Indian classical musician who has played with leading Indian musicians over the years. As it turned out, I discovered he had just co-founded another startup - called GLTYR. Having heard from him about it, I checked it out myself and was impressed because I think this product will be a catalyst for more advanced personalized video/audio/text communication in the coming years. Here is a Q&A I did with Sudhakar about his new product/company (with minor edits for grammar/clarity).
Yotta Point: What is GLTYR?
Sudhakar: GLTYR (pronounced “Glitter”) is a mobile app that helps create and present your message to make an emotional connection with your audience. Your message comes alive with a picture, audio and video and up to 900 characters of text. What makes this app even more exciting is that a GLTYR message can be created and sent out in as little as three to five minutes (depending on the length of your message) - entirely through the app.
Yotta Point: How did you come up with the idea for GLTYR?
Sudhakar: The genesis for GLTYR came from a combination of five technology and behavioral trends –
- The average human attention span is two minutes or less in absorbing and retaining information.
- Content will ultimately end up being created and consumed on a mobile device, rendering the desktop obsolete in several scenarios or applications
- The world is going mobile so quickly that there is a greater probability that a coffee shop owner in a remote village in Mongolia will use a smart phone and not a computer to create and send out quick messages / digital fliers that would drive his brand across the globe in less than a few minutes.
- There are several fields where the concurrent confluence of audio-video-visual-text integrated with human creativity is required to make a strong emotional connection with the audience. These fields or areas include commercials, dating profiles, resumes, food, performing arts, marketing fliers, greetings, invitations, business cards, elevator pitches, value propositions etc.
- The cost of producing audio-video-visual commercials is prohibitively expensive for the average consumer or a small business. The cost of purchasing, filling out and sending greeting cards is also getting more expensive. Plus, these cards are unemotional, with a limited shelf life on the refrigerator door. We would like to make it ridiculously affordable for people to create messages / commercials / cards / resumes on the fly which integrates picture, audio, video and text and push it out in less than a few minutes to thousands of people.
Yotta Point: Why should anyone consider using GLTYR? Aren’t there other apps out there which have similar capabilities?